PocketCM Contacts & Keyboard
PocketCM

Your mobile at your fingertips
Google
Welcome (logout)
PocketCM Theme & Customization :  PocketCM
Old theme for PocketCM, and question about theming, request for theme, etc... 
Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
All files from this thread

File Name File Size   Posted by Date  
Screenshot_1.jpg 17.6 KB open | download CoBrA2 11/01/2007 Read message
Screenshot_2.jpg 13.2 KB open | download CoBrA2 11/01/2007 Read message
sshot001.bmp 225.1 KB open | download iggy 11/02/2007 Read message
sshot003.bmp 225.1 KB open | download iggy 11/02/2007 Read message
Capture1.JPG 31.3 KB open | download TonyJ 11/03/2007 Read message
Capture2.JPG 10.7 KB open | download TonyJ 11/03/2007 Read message
Capture3.JPG 11 KB open | download TonyJ 11/03/2007 Read message
Capture4.JPG 17.7 KB open | download TonyJ 11/04/2007 Read message
Capture5.JPG 19.3 KB open | download TonyJ 11/04/2007 Read message
Touch.zip 252.4 KB open | download leblan 11/04/2007 Read message
screenpreview.jpg 137.3 KB open | download hhm 11/05/2007 Read message
German2.lang.ini 12.2 KB open | download olly68 11/12/2007 Read message
German2.lang.ini 12.2 KB open | download olly68 11/13/2007 Read message
Franšais.lang.ini 2.9 KB open | download yepayepa 11/13/2007 Read message
Touch.zip 252.6 KB open | download leblan 11/14/2007 Read message
Capture.jpg 27.3 KB open | download prozor 11/15/2007 Read message
bug.jpg 35.4 KB open | download prozor 11/15/2007 Read message
PocketCM Contacts 0.16 - Forum Preview
Posted by: tene ()
Date: October 30, 2007 11:42PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: PocketCM Contacts 0.16 - Forum Preview
Posted by: darkfire ()
Date: October 31, 2007 12:50AM

Very clean and slick.

Not crazy about the white theme - like the original look better. But this new version seems faster, and uses less memory.

GREAT JOB. I'll try to play with settings later - or wait for themes.

Best release yet.

Posted by: Kreigz ()
Date: October 31, 2007 11:58AM

Looks pretty good.

I agree with darkfire: I think I like the original theme better, but that's changeable.

The new gradient effects are nice, and the interface does seem to respond quicker than the .12 - .15 builds. I really like the feedback letter icon in a smaller box and showing up off to the left as well as traveling up and down the screen - more intuitive. I'm a righty and it's great for me, but what about lefties? Could it be configurable so it's reversed and mored to the right side since your thumb will be on the left?

I also noticed, at least for me, PocketCM 0.16 is not taking over my SMS messages anymore. That's a good thing. I suppose some will want to have it pop up, but not me. Can it be configurable?

When sending a reply, the keyboard (yours ... hey, I'm a fan!) crowds the drafting message area. Also, the button to remove the keyboard is not visable or present as best I can tell.

When using the SMS button to switch to contacts with SMS history, the button does should change to a button donoting all contacts should you activate the button again.

Scrolling through the contact's contact info works well, as does editing the contact info.

I'm not sure I have the skill or the time to get it back to the old theme ... will it be included in the release?

Looks like it's time for another beer and donut ... you should have 5 Euros worth heading your way.

BTW, this is the second snack I've contributed, please humor any comments I might make regarding themes or the weather on Thursday.

Thanks for all you work and innovation.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2007 12:11PM by Kreigz.

Date: October 31, 2007 12:02PM

Thanks for feedback but like I said:
"Please avoid comment like "0.15 theme is better" or "I'm waiting for new actual feature", it will come, but I preferred to spend time to make a more clean code base. "

Focus on testing please, that's why I propose a preview: what's working, what's not working, can you edit/view/update contact, favorite, etc...

Theme is just theme, make some nice theme that fit your taste, this version is all about giving you such opportunity, final release should include a dark theme at least, but probably not like the old touch. I prefer to focus on a theme that works well on VGA and QVGA device out of the box, even if it's not the most beautiful of all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2007 12:04PM by tene.

Posted by: hundera ()
Date: October 31, 2007 01:03PM

Hi,
great work.
I have one bug (only in 0.16, wasn't in previous versions.).

* When I press and hold phone button the option menu occurs and if I release it, pcm is minimalized (that's ok).
* If I move finger to close, pcm is closed (still ok).
* But if I move finger to Options or WM contact, pcm switch to Favorite screen and option menu is still visible. I must click on button (e.g. options) in option menu again to choose it.
* This will happen ONLY if I move and release finger to position below these buttons. If I release finger above buttons all is ok.

I hope, that I described it clearly.

I'm have QVGA. Same behaviour in portrait and landscape mode.

Posted by: qwerty ()
Date: October 31, 2007 01:30PM

Date: October 31, 2007 02:37PM

I a using the 8525 and get the same issue with the SIP - sometimes - a black box and no way to remove it.

Close PCM and it works, but then there seems to be no way to get rid of it. The buttons don't switch - maybe that's part of the theme? But when you click on SMS the button still says sms.

When scrolling the contact manager - which is much better now - certain letters don't seem to work right. Scroll to J and it always lands on K. I'll keep playing today and let you know other bugs.

Posted by: kelvar ()
Date: October 31, 2007 04:48PM

Hi, great work on this preview but i just verified and a bug in encountered in 0.15 is still in 0.16

The bug i encounter is the SIP not showing fully if it's greater than a certain height. The SIPs with this problem is TouchPal, Touch Keyboard and Touch Keypad. The SIP shows up but the bottom row of keys are not shown fully. I also realize the limit is middle point on screen not including text input box so it's more or less to do with a resize limitation in your coding.

Posted by: Crashless ()
Date: October 31, 2007 08:12PM

Things seem much snappier on my Mogul - especially switching from portrait to landscape. All-in-all it is a very stable release. No show-stoppers yet, and it plays nice with S2U2 now - very nice.

Here are a few minor things I noticed, again, nothing major, just little things.

Got a few of the drawing issues people have mentioned. If I switch to the Today screen, then back to PCM, sometimes the very top doesn't refresh properly and shows the last screen or simply stays black. Though the SMS chat screen does draw over that portion, going back to contacts view goes black.

Texting seems to work OK for me. Though it seems to have issues parsing the conversation some times - IE: all incoming texts display, but it misses some of my outgoing texts in the thread.

Also, when I switch to landscape in the SMS view, the conversation will sometimes scroll up, so that the last text in the thread is no longer visible. Usually it is scrolled a couple of lines up.

The battery display on the SMS screen is inaccurate - minor detail, but I thought I'd mention it.

Great job on this version! Really nice work!

Posted by: dahlem ()
Date: October 31, 2007 09:19PM

I have played around a bit with the other versions of PocketCM with changing the setting.ini file and all. Call me stupid but I can't seem to find were to pull the setting.ini file on theis version to play around with it. I renamed my other versions to "zip" and they show up but I can't get them to apply. Forgive me if this a stupid questions . . .

Posted by: Crashless ()
Date: October 31, 2007 10:48PM

Just had an issue where certain contacts were occupying the same row as the next contact. For instance: John Doe and Jane Doe both appear on the same line, and only Jane's contact will come up if tapped.

This happens to the same contact in all views (all contacts, sms, and favorites.

A soft-reset fixed the issue.

Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help.

And to amend my earlier comment about SMS threading - it seems that it isn't adding ANY of my new outgoing messages to the thread. It shows it when I first send it, but then when I return to the contacts, then back to the thread, it's gone. Also, when taping a message to mark as read, the menu comes up as "%s" (without quotes) and when trying to mark something as unread it says "Mark as Read" instead.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2007 10:56PM by Crashless.

Posted by: pwvandeursen ()
Date: November 01, 2007 08:39AM

when trying to send an email through this version I sometimes get the following as the adress iso the correct email adress..

global.*.fadecolor

also when scoling down to the last contact in the list the right side of the screen shifts with respect to the left. I`ll try to make a screen shot tonight. my list at the ens is not extensuve so when I scroll to z I can also see the contacts in w. maybe that helps a little bit.

outside that, I really like tus version . it is also blistering fast

Posted by: CoBrA2 ()
Date: November 01, 2007 02:38PM

# Sometimes when usin the build in keybord 2 search contacs, it hang "after findin the disired contact, and wanna minimize it" it wont minimize...

# when pressin the Filter, and choosin Favorite Contacts, and then goes back 2 all contacts, u'll still see at the top it still says Favorite Contact...

# Sometimes when u go 2 sms, the send buttom is gone !

I've attached some creens of what i mensched ....

I'll keep on testin, but Like it alot, LOVE more the darker theme though :-)

Great work Tene

Posted by: redjen ()
Date: November 01, 2007 11:15PM

This version of PocketCM quits when I try to choose NullKB as the SIP.

1. Select a contact.

2. Click SMS.

3. Click Choose SIP. My list shows: %s, Transcriber, Letter Recognizer, Block Recognizer, Symbol Pad, Keyboard, PCM Keyboard, and NullKB.

4. Choose any SIP but NullKB or %s. This works as expected.

5. Choose NullKB. PocketCM immediately quits.

If I go to another application, choose NullKB as the SIP, return to PocketCM and initiate an SMS, no keyboard is shown. However, the input area for SMS migrates to the top of the screen. I'm also seeing a lot of screen corruption on rotation; this is unchanged for me from the previous version of PocketCM. If you need more information on this, please let me know and I can detail what I'm seeing.

I'm using a Cingular 8525 with Windows Mobile 5 (ROM 2.15.502.3). I would like to have NullKB as the SIP as this device has a hardware keyboard that I would prefer to use.

Posted by: redjen ()
Date: November 01, 2007 11:20PM

Also, it looks like %s is being displayed instead of Cancel on most dialogs. I do not have a settings.ini file.

When viewing a contact, the menu displays: View contact, Edit contact, Remove Picture, Remove from fav., Remove, and %s.

The %s in my previous reply (when viewing an SMS conversation) also appears to be the cancel button.

Posted by: iggy ()
Date: November 02, 2007 12:44AM

Ah Tene, very nice job, fasssstttt, takes about1.5-2 secs to load on my Apache WM6.

Bugs. same as already mentioned, SIP black box when showing/choosing SIP, works fine when I just tap in the SMS text enter field.

BTW, clicking on the cancel from the drop down menu, brings it up.

When not on full screen (love this ability - get to see time and date++++), everything works great up until the SMS Thread, when cancelling the SIP the screen is shortened even more. and SMS enter box is reduced to about 1mm.confused smiley

Ok, screenshots added.

Apache PPC6700
WM6 from Helmi_c

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2007 01:41AM by iggy.

Attachments: sshot001.bmp (225.1 KB)   sshot003.bmp (225.1 KB)  
Posted by: hundera ()
Date: November 02, 2007 11:09AM

Hi,
phonepad.*.keys.map works greatly. But it is used for mapping keys and SHOWING keys on keypad.
phonepad.*.keys is ignored.

btw. could not be there some backspace or cancel (e.g. hold # or something like that?). When I press wrong key, I need to wait a few second before I can use keypad again.

Date: November 02, 2007 07:04PM

Anyone got a new theme for this version yet?

Posted by: dreamtheater39 ()
Date: November 03, 2007 05:33AM

Hey!

Great release!!! Two small problems though -

1. If a contact has a picture, the Contacts with SMS listing screws up
2. Enter button on my universal not mapped for making selections!

Cheers,
san

Posted by: leblan ()
Date: November 03, 2007 07:56PM

I am currently changing settings.ini to black
however, I do not seem to be able to control the background of contactdetailpanel.*.detailllines.*.background.

Is there a separate item like the one for firstline/header as shown below? If yes, what is it?

Eric

contactdetailpanel.*.firstline.font=14p,bold,Segoe UI,#ffff99
contactdetailpanel.*.firstline.box=0,0,100%,15%
contactdetailpanel.*.firstline.format=%displayname

contactdetailpanel.*.header.box=0,0,100%,30p
contactdetailpanel.*.header.background=fill(#000000)

contactdetailpanel.*.detaillines.font=12p,regular,Segoe UI,#ffff99
contactdetailpanel.*.detaillines.box=41%,18%,100%,45%
contactdetailpanel.*.detaillines.format=%addressstreet\n%addresscity %addresspostalcode\n%addressstate\n%addresscountry
#contactdetailpanel.*.detaillines.background=fill(#000000)

Date: November 03, 2007 08:05PM

it's not possible with this version, however things will change a little in the future to get more coherency and more flexibility.

(basically all those stuff will become label)

Date: November 03, 2007 09:13PM

leblan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am currently changing settings.ini to black
> however, I do not seem to be able to control the
> background of
> contactdetailpanel.*.detailllines.*.background.
>
> Is there a separate item like the one for
> firstline/header as shown below? If yes, what is
> it?
>
> Eric
>

got it, forgot my C++ !!! answer is

contactdetailpanel.*.background=fill(#000000)

Eric

Posted by: TonyJ ()
Date: November 04, 2007 12:19AM

Ok great program - lots faster and I personally prefer the white background although the font seems to have shrunk a bit! the finger smiley

All seems very solid as well apart from a couple of things.

In contacts if you select view it returns a blank screen (Capture1.jpg). The edit works fine though although it does revert to the standard Pocket Outlook even though Pocket Informant is set as the default PM on the device. Not a big deal though it would be nice if it could.

SMS mode:

If you click the Choose number option the display is wrong (Capture2.jpg).

Internet links not displayed in SMS messages received (Capture3.jpg and Capture4.jpg)

The mark as read option does not display in the drop down menu and actually reads the wrong way round. That is, if unread it shows as "%s" and if read it displays "Mark as read"

Posted by: peterfnet ()
Date: November 04, 2007 12:39AM

Bug:

If you quick scroll contacts by alphabet, the right half of the GUI has a tendency to be offset. This only happens when I scroll all the way to the bottom.

Date: November 04, 2007 09:18AM

TOUCH THEME VGA BETA 2 FOR 0.16

For those of you who prefer a black theme, I have updated the Touch theme, as attached. Other than the changes to the settings.ini, all the rights of the them belong to the original creator, and acknowledgment is hereby given.

There are a few stumbling blocks in favorites and sms. the main issue remaining the white background which I have not yet found to overwrite.

The theme details have been set to my preferences: as PocketCM does not give the option of selecting a preferred tel number (like in pocketinformant for example), I do not show a telephone numbuer, but the settings.ini in the zip file can be easily modified (look at lines 134 and 135 to change the details of the main list).

Enjoy it, comments and suggestions always welcome

Eric

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2007 10:08AM by leblan.

Attachments: Touch.zip (252.4 KB)  
Date: November 04, 2007 08:26PM

This theme is really nice & fast. I agree that the white background takes away from it but great job on getting a dark theme out there.

Tene - this contact manager gets better & better.

Thanks.

Posted by: hhm ()
Date: November 05, 2007 10:12AM

Hi.

This is the first preview of my new skin for the 0.16 version.
See how it looks at the moment. It's not ready yet, but it will come...

Quentin, the new version is great !!

Holger

Posted by: Kreigz ()
Date: November 05, 2007 12:55PM

Wow! Gorgeous! How soon do you think it might be available? Can you use beer and donuts?

hhm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi.
>
> This is the first preview of my new skin for the
> 0.16 version.
> See how it looks at the moment. It's not ready
> yet, but it will come...
>
> Quentin, the new version is great !!
>
> Holger

Posted by: Zim ()
Date: November 05, 2007 01:53PM

When I press filter and don't want to filter, maybe pressing filter should do the same as a "back" function?

Pressing filter multiple times in a row led me to some strange graphics results when I tried scrolling down (on the filter screen)

(yes, this is protection from stupid users like me smiling smiley

Mike

Posted by: willievu ()
Date: November 05, 2007 04:22PM

In contact detail page, when I press and hold on a phone, the phone page doesn't show up to let me edit the phone number before calling. Edit before calling works in the contact list view.

One more comment. On the phone keypad, it would be nice to have a backspace or delete key because my phone numbers are entered as +. I need to replace the "+" sign with a IDD prefix.

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.
© 2010 Quentin Pouplard