PocketCM Contacts & Keyboard
PocketCM

Your mobile at your fingertips
Google
Welcome (logout)
PocketCM Theme & Customization :  PocketCM
Old theme for PocketCM, and question about theming, request for theme, etc... 
Scrolling delay, friction, duration...
Posted by: donpipo ()
Date: December 12, 2008 01:46PM

Hi Tene,

I'd like to make selection of a name in the contact list easier, because by default, you have to be very precise in order to select rather than to scroll.
So that would be making the required movement to scroll or to slide greater.

I only know these params:

default.scroll.bigpagesize=
default.scroll.duration=
default.scroll.friction=
default.scroll.slidingdelay=

None of the above options seem to deal with that. I think I amm missing the specific one.
Please help!

Alex.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2008 03:38PM by donpipo.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Scrolling delay, friction, duration...
Posted by: tene ()
Date: December 12, 2008 05:36PM

what kind of device are you using?

Date: December 12, 2008 08:21PM

HTC Touch Diamond

Date: December 12, 2008 08:37PM

the value is hardcoded, however, it's not clear to me if it doesn't work well because of the way you use it, or because the resolution of the device...

Posted by: Blowfish64 ()
Date: December 12, 2008 11:49PM

Yeah, I've mentioned this problem before as well. It's not really resolution specific and is probably the most annoying issue to me when it comes to this great program. A buffer zone (perhaps user specific) would be very helpful. Of course, implementing this could potentially cause a lag in intial scrolling, but if you had the program do the calculation after the scroll, I think it'd work great. In essence, you'd press, your finger would slide a couple of pixels, PCM would reflect that, but after it stops moving it would react as a button press. Hope that makes sense.

Date: December 13, 2008 10:27AM

that's how it's done, the "buffer" is 7 pixels. Which should be fine for most device (it was working fine with 3 pixels for QVGA screen).

Date: December 13, 2008 11:27AM

7 pixels for any resolution?
If it's fine in QVGA, this should be "resolution aware", shouldn't it? Even user-parametrable?
Actually, selection problem is minimum with the stylus but rather annoying when using my thumb winking smiley

(I don't know how to explain this in english, but the time the thumb is fully pushed on the screen, skin push is interpreted as a movement).

Date: December 13, 2008 12:48PM

did you at least read my post?

Date: December 13, 2008 04:47PM

Now yes, I was missing what you meant.

Posted by: iservealot ()
Date: December 17, 2008 09:25PM

It's worth mentioning that coming from the Kaiser to the Touch Pro there is some noticeable differences.

The scrolling is much smoother smileys with beer, however it also scrolls a lot longer. I kind of like it as it feels much more fluid/smooth. However there is more than usual lag on the animations like Note,Edit Contact and new contact. There is also pretty bad lag when you select a contact from the list to view more info.

just some FYI. Hope some of the little bugs with the Touch Pro get fixed as I love PocketCM. smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.
© 2010 Quentin Pouplard