PocketCM Contacts & Keyboard
PocketCM

Your mobile at your fingertips
Google
Welcome (logout)
News :  PocketCM

More SMS bubble!

This is valid for next version, not current 0.19b... you'll have to wait for it to be released

Thanks to hhm (see [pocketcm.com] ), I've been able to add quickly more background fun for all your background, now you have plenty of image for left, top, right, bottom, and the corners.

In short it allows you to easily do that:

To get it, you have to specify a set of 8 images, one for each side, and one for each border, for that you have the new background command:

- lefttileimage(middle_left.png)
- righttileimage(middle_right.png)
- toptileimage(top_middle.png)
- bottomtileimage(bottom_middle.png)
- lefttopimage(top_left.png)
- righttopimage(top_right.png)
- leftbottomimage(bottom_left.png)
- rightbottomimage(bottom_right.png)

You also have to remember: it's for background, so every background can take profit of that! You can use that on button, menu, panel, whatever that has one or more background. It's not something very specific to SMS.

Also you are not forced to provide 8 images, for instance if you just want a simple box with a tiny arrow on the bottom left corner, just one picture will do the job.

Why do I posted that here?
Because that's a good example of you helping me to make the software better. If hhm didn't spend time making the image I use for testing, this feature probably wouldn't exist.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2008 10:13AM by tene.

Post by tene on January 20, 2008 09:00PM

Comments

Re: More SMS bubble!

Tene, is this available in 0.19b?

I am using the lefttileimage and rightileimage tags and they dont seem to be working.

Post by DvTonder on January 21, 2008 03:35AM

My code is as follows:

smslist.*.sent.read.background=fill(#BCC1C8),bottomborder(#A1AAB5,1),topborder(#D2D5DA,1),righttileimage(bubble_arrow_right.png),marginleft(11),marginright(11)

Post by DvTonder on January 21, 2008 03:37AM

it's for 0.20

Post by tene on January 21, 2008 10:12AM

Hi there,

I really like your application - especially now as .18 didn't work so well for me (the favourites were white on white so I couldn't read them).

I'd like to make a suggestion for the SMS threading... could it be time-reversed? I.e. the most recent message at the top? I've got some longer conversations and I have to scroll down to get the the newest messages.

When I use your application for writing SMS I cannot change the keyboard - there is no bar at the bottom

Good work!!!

T

Post by immaterialman on January 22, 2008 10:57PM

immaterialman,

You change the sip by taping the top of the screen and a panel drops down with options, one of which is "change sip"

I don't understand what you mean about scrolling down, for me it always positions itself at the bottom of the list!

Post by flykthewiz on January 25, 2008 09:14AM

Thanks flykthewiz - I hadn't realised that I could do that.

I know it jumps down to the bottom automatically, but it's counter intuitive to how I work, and it would be good to have the option to reverse the threading direction.

Post by immaterialman on January 25, 2008 02:40PM

Post A Comment

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

This forum powered by Phorum.
© 2010 Quentin Pouplard