PocketCM Contacts & Keyboard
PocketCM

Your mobile at your fingertips
Google
Welcome (logout)
Help & Support for Contacts :  PocketCM
You have a problem, but it's probably not a bug, and definitly not a feature request. You want to share experience with other users? 
HELP..Please anyone with advice...
Posted by: Paul ()
Date: December 23, 2008 06:20PM

Hi There.

I am sending out this request for help here and at XDA.... here is the problem:

I use PCM for all my contact needs: SMS/MMS etc. I do not use email.

My phone was working fine up until this morning when I tried to send an sms. It failed but did not say it failed. I tried again. The message sits in the entry field. Thats it. Than all of the sudden PCM closes down. I try to reopen it. It will start than immediately shuts down. I try this several times. Same. I reset the phone. And try again the same things happens.

So I try other versions of PCM. Same result. I try deleting the cache. Same result. Each time I soft reset my phone I get a message saying that Birdysync can't start ( I use this to sync my phone with Mozilla Thunderbird) So I try Deleting birdy from my phone and soft resetting again. Same thing!! I have a notification that I have an unheard voicemail, so I listen to it. that notification WILL NOT go away. I have no voice messages but the phone will not release the notification. I used the little program "Check notifications" I cleared all dupes and as it clears it will just run continuously until I stop it.

I just used "PIM Back up". I am hoping that this will back up all my sms messages will it?

Oh, also, the phones built in messaging app won't even start.

I have an HTC Wizard with winmo 5. Factory os. No mods except new software. Everything was running fine until this morning I have added no new software, and have made no changes in any way to the phone..

Any ideas before I hard reset this thing...I really hope I don't have to.

Thanks in advance

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: HELP..Please anyone with advice...
Posted by: Blowfish64 ()
Date: December 23, 2008 06:47PM

Wow, that really sounds like a hard-reset is in order. Yes, with PIMBackup you can backup your sms, emails, contacts, call history, call favorites, tasks, appointments, etc. Just make sure you save the backup to the storage card winking smiley

Re: HELP..Please anyone with advice...
Posted by: Paul ()
Date: December 23, 2008 08:16PM

Hey Blowfish64

I was minutes away from a HR when I found this

[forum.xda-developers.com]

post #7 has a solution. I tried it and it works...THANK God.

Though I still have the voicemail notification that won't go away.

Thanks for responding so quickly!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.
© 2010 Quentin Pouplard