PocketCM Contacts & Keyboard
PocketCM

Your mobile at your fingertips
Google
Welcome (logout)
PocketCM Feature Request :  PocketCM
Feature request about PocketCM Contacts. Please read the existing thread before postin, if I get one thread with 100 post about a feature, it's more likely to become reality than 20 threads with 3 posts about the same feature. 
Change the default SMS program
Posted by: hotmatrixx ()
Date: November 02, 2010 11:52AM

Not really a feature that I would use, but a handy one, none-the-less.

I know some have suggested that you should split the program - so they can use another SMS prog. Why don't you just give them an option to find the .executable to their prefferred program, and PCM launches that for them?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2010 11:54AM by hotmatrixx.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Change the default SMS program
Posted by: tene ()
Date: November 02, 2010 01:48PM

There is an option to not use PocketCM then it will use the default SMS program (whatever that is correctly registered on windows to handle it).

I'm afraid I can't do much more as it would make configuration more complex and error prone.

Date: November 02, 2010 01:58PM

tene Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There is an option to not use PocketCM then it
> will use the default SMS program (whatever that is
> correctly registered on windows to handle it).
>
> I'm afraid I can't do much more as it would make
> configuration more complex and error prone.

Maybe I crossed my wires up - I am intending to use PCM as the contact manager, and it can launch the default SMS prog when I want to send a text. make sense now? sorry if there was confusion my friend.

or is that what would be hard to implement? I would have thought SMS was almost a standalone module. I know others have suggested splitting it, and I am not a fan of the idea. But this is an option something like what they want, that might work better than what has been mentioned previously

Posted by: tene ()
Date: November 02, 2010 02:11PM

Go to options, check "use old app for sending sms"... that's if I understand right the behavior you describe, in contact detail, hitting SMS just open the standard SMS app, not PocketCM threaded SMS.

Date: November 03, 2010 01:47AM

sweet. well, I was referring to this thread:
PocketCM.com

This is what they all wanted.
I think

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.
© 2010 Quentin Pouplard