PocketCM Contacts & Keyboard
PocketCM

Your mobile at your fingertips
Google
Welcome (logout)
Announcement & Discussion :  PocketCM
New version release, global information. And discussion! 
What happens after november 1st ?
Posted by: clandestino ()
Date: October 25, 2007 09:25AM

Hi all,

Current version of keyboard is supposed to expire on november 1st. Is there any way to keep it working until a new version is out ? I can't image having to go back to the old lame standard keyboard, even for a short time...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What happens after november 1st ?
Posted by: clem ()
Date: November 02, 2007 01:50AM

Hi:

I just downloaded the latest version today and loved it, only to find that it expires on the same day. (I had about 3 hours to play with it and then it expired).

It's said on your site that the current version would not expire until 12/1/07. So I am confused.

Help please!

Date: November 02, 2007 03:14AM

when try to uninstall I see the list of software in "Remove Programs" is version 0.10b but i'm pretty sure that the version that I installed is 0.11b

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2007 02:01PM by hajimee_kindaichi.

Posted by: tene ()
Date: November 02, 2007 10:39AM

I mixed up some archive and version.

Redownload 0.11b it should be fine now.

Date: November 02, 2007 02:04PM

clem,

from my undestanding, if you download the software with version after 12/1/2007, then you should get the latest update. otherwise you will get a message that the software is expired.

correct me if i'm wrong tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: bluetoof ()
Date: November 03, 2007 01:15AM

Why must we keep coming back and getting a new version. Please stop expiring these versions or have a full version to pay for. This is a great keyboard but the constant upgrading is annoying.

Date: November 03, 2007 12:31PM

I understand you and agree at some point: it's annoying.

However, please remember it's beta. I've always preferred to publish often, let users see software at very early stage of development. I clearly understand that some people prefer to wait 3 months get a 1.0 stable version and not have to upgrade. Others prefers preview version, frequent update and be able to follow and influence the project.

I'm expecting the next release to be 1.0, so final release... unless big issues appears like it was the case for previous versions.

Posted by: cybergyp ()
Date: November 04, 2007 06:40AM

Ok, I too have installed the keyboard and have been using it only for a short time. However now every time I try to invoke the keyboard whether it be in messaging or PocketCM Contacts I get "This version of pcmKeyboard can't be run after 11/01/2007. Please go to [www.pocketcm.com] to get an updated version." I'm confused as on your download page it says 12/01/2007, so doesn't this mean that I should theoretically have another month?

This is also causing PocketCM Contacts to play up in the SMS view of a contact and when I choose the top menu all I get is "Choose Phone Number" with the other items appearing for a slight second and disappearing with no ability to select them.

Hope this feedback is helping you to iron out these bugs and provide working releases as I think you have quality software in the making. Also, it seems the latest version has been updated on the install side of things, I imagine it was just a typo in the _setup.xml however, the expiry remains.

I would like to donate to your cause, however I just need a stable working version before I can do that. If you need any help with the development of this software, I would be happy to help as I have substantial experience in building pocket pc apps.

Date: November 04, 2007 11:31AM

Please redownload the cab, uninstall, soft-reset, reinstall. The cab before 11/2/2007 was not correct.

Posted by: bluetoof ()
Date: November 05, 2007 05:55AM

tene Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I understand you and agree at some point: it's
> annoying.
>
> However, please remember it's beta. I've always
> preferred to publish often, let users see software
> at very early stage of development. I clearly
> understand that some people prefer to wait 3
> months get a 1.0 stable version and not have to
> upgrade. Others prefers preview version, frequent
> update and be able to follow and influence the
> project.
>
> I'm expecting the next release to be 1.0, so final
> release... unless big issues appears like it was
> the case for previous versions.

Cool. Sorry if I sounded ungrateful. It really is a revolutionary input method for PPC that was LONG overdue. Will 1.0 be free? If not will you release the latest Beta version .11b as free? Just curious. Thanks again.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.
© 2010 Quentin Pouplard