PocketCM Contacts & Keyboard
PocketCM

Your mobile at your fingertips
Google
Welcome (logout)
Announcement & Discussion :  PocketCM
New version release, global information. And discussion! 
Can't configure keyboard
Posted by: BMinFC ()
Date: October 15, 2007 07:53AM

I seem to be stuck in an endless loop. I want to configure PCMKeyboard, but whenever I try, it says that I can't configure unless PCMKeyboard is the current SIP. So I try setting it as the current SIP, but for some reason my PDA immediately switches the SIP back to regular keyboard. The PDA won't let me choose the PCMKeyboard because it isn't configured, but the keyboard can't be configured because the PDA won't let me choose it. It's a Catch-22.

I use a T-Mobile MDA with Windows Mobile 5.

Thanks in advance for your help.
BMinFC

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Can't configure keyboard
Date: November 02, 2007 02:00PM

me to, after your update in topic "What happens after november 1st ?" i try download again. and then I cannot use the PCMkeyboard. it keep choosing default keyboard.

Posted by: tene ()
Date: November 02, 2007 02:04PM

first of all: can someone explain me the origin of the "catch-22" expression?

regarding pcm: soft reset, make sure the uninstall says that 0.11b is installed, remove all today plugin and try to select the keyboard (from the list that appear after clicking on the little triangle in the bottom of the screen, not from keyboard settings).

Date: November 02, 2007 02:12PM

i'm doing excatly like you said

"regarding pcm: soft reset, make sure the uninstall says that 0.11b is installed, remove all today plugin and try to select the keyboard (from the list that appear after clicking on the little triangle in the bottom of the screen, not from keyboard settings)."

but still nothing happen.

then I try this,

choose Letter Recognizer
then choose PCMkeyboard

then it automatically choose Keyboard

by the way, I'm using HTC Touch

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2007 03:16PM by hajimee_kindaichi.

Date: November 02, 2007 04:08PM

tene Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> first of all: can someone explain me the origin of
> the "catch-22" expression?

Thanks for asking this question. It's a phrase I've heard (and used) all my life, and I never understood its origin. So I just did a bit of research.

First, in American English a "catch" is a limitation that reduces the scope of a promise or offer, usually in a way that makes the promise or offer meaningless. For example: "I'll give you this hundred-dollar watch for free! There's only one catch: You aren't allowed to actually wear it." When someone makes a promise or offer that sounds too good to be true, it is common to ask, "What's the catch?"

In 1961 a novelist named Joseph Heller wrote what is now a classic novel called "Catch-22." It was based on a fictional character in the American Military who was astonished by all of the paradoxes he saw there. The worst paradox was rule #22, which he called "Catch-22." For more details, see this Wikipedia article [en.wikipedia.org] . The phrase is now used to mean any kind of paradoxical situation that is "no-win" or a "double bind" or uses "circular logic."

Date: November 03, 2007 05:52AM

any updates?

Date: November 03, 2007 06:07AM

just now I tried again.

1. download again for today from pocketcm.com
2. install
3. select PCMkeyboard like previous post

it's works...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2007 06:08AM by hajimee_kindaichi.

Posted by: tene ()
Date: November 03, 2007 12:32PM

BMinFC, thanks a lot for this explanation!

Date: November 03, 2007 03:57PM

tene Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> BMinFC, thanks a lot for this explanation!

You're welcome!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.
© 2010 Quentin Pouplard