Your mobile at your fingertips
Google
Welcome (logout)
Anything not related to ContactManager :  PocketCM
Anything not related to ContactManager 
ImageViewer ideas
Posted by: babaq ()
Date: November 30, 2007 11:16PM

Hello, it is very nice application. I think you should keep it as much simple as possible... simple GUI is nice GUI. Now, I have some ideas about how to make it even better:

Function enhancements:

1) I have Treo which has square screen and thus it is not a good idea to rotate images automatically - all my favourite Dilbert strips were rotated for the common landscape view. I would like to switch this feature off.

2) Remember zoom - I had to zoom again and again when viewing comics strips. Something like "zoom lock" would help.

3) Do not allow the picture to go "outside of the display" - again, if I tapped the strip in the wrong place, the strip zoomed ... and disappeared. You know, if the picture is bigger than screen, the screen area should be always fully inside the picture.

New functionality:

4) Exclude (e.g. /Program Files/*) and include (mostly specific memory card folder) any specific path from/to viewing. I don't care about icons in the Program Files subdirs, but I have some directories in my card, which are not visible to ImageViewer. The question is, how to do that in a simple way?

5) Possibly zooming gestures - probably up and down gesture on the right/left screen edge... the length of the gesture would provide zoom factor. A simple indicator (a gauge? an OSD screen symbol with percentage?) could appear only when the display is actually being touched.

6) Possibly rotating gestures - 4 positions (0, 90, 180 and 270 degrees) should be "sticky" for thumbs operation. Again, some visible indicator would be nice.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: ImageViewer ideas
Posted by: rweber ()
Date: December 16, 2007 10:21PM

More Image Viewer ideas

I'm really impressed by ImageViewer 0.4! (done my donation, hope everyone does to keep you going!).

Of course you will have more than enough ideas yourself, but there are some things I would realy appreciate:

-influence on the order in which the pictures are displayed (sorting)
-possibility to delete/mail/... an image while looking (eg small submenu when you keep your pencil on the screen)

Thanks in advance,

Ruud

Posted by: jodo ()
Date: December 19, 2007 09:44AM

I second all the ideas and the appraisal of my previous speakers! Image Viewer already is a killer application and the potenial great! I could not resist from donating winking smiley

Keep on the good work! And I wish you happy holidays...

ImageViewer ideas: Rebuild
Posted by: makos ()
Date: June 10, 2008 05:54PM

Hallo!
I'm from Russia...
And I have some ideas
Your viewer is one of the most fast and optimized
but its not convinient
I suggest you some simple modifications
Just imagine its a manual, read step by step.

1. It's ofcourse great to see all the folders with pictures on your device when there are 10 folders
But if there are 200 of them its a mess!
I suggest some other types of navigation:

All folder with pictures
All folder with pictures in hierarchy
Favourites

2.Please leave the native windows uppper bar to manage other programs.
and add very thin adress/name bar, just to know where we are.

Please make the lower bar with some buttons i think 2 is not much and suits for softkeys.

When in folder:
Up (to return to upper folder),
View (pop-up menu with views)

Views:
List (just a list with names of files or folders)
Details (A list with a little preview or tumbnail, name, size)
Thumnails (just cells with thumbnails 50x50pxl)

When picture is viewed:

Up (to return to folder),
Menu (pop-up menu)

Menu:
Start slide show
Rotate >
Auto rotate (checkbox)
90* (& save to file)
180*
270*
Send via >
BT
Email
MMS
Set as a wallpaper
Info (some info: Name, Size, Resolution...)
Delete (delete file with confirmation)

3. Add long-tap pop-up menu in folder mode
Menu:

Add to Favourites/Remove from Favourites
Delete (delete file or folder with confirmation)
______________ (separator)
Picture Folders
Hierarchy
Favourites

4. Add menu in Slide show mode on tap
Menu:
Continue
Time delay
1sec 3sec 5sec
Auto Rotate (check box)
Close Slide Show

5. Hardware buttons
<> previous, next
+ zoom in 10%
- zomm out 10%

Thats all
Please do not think its too much its just written step by step
If you are interested i could send you some pictures "how i see it"

Posted by: makos ()
Date: June 17, 2008 04:49PM

I wonder if the administaration reads this forum
I posted not just an idea but the clear instruction and I was waiting for an answer
I believe that you will achive success only if you'll listen to your users advice

Posted by: tene ()
Date: June 17, 2008 10:50PM

what kind of answer do you expect?...

Posted by: microlomaniac ()
Date: July 03, 2008 07:53PM

Hi,

I've been using ImageViewer for 2 days and I LOVE this app!! 1000x faster than the HTC Camera Album :-)

I hope my donation motivates you to implement just one little feature: it would be nice if ImageViewer would first show the last (newest) image in a folder. This app is just perfect to quickly show photos taken with the phone to friends, but it's a hassle to wipe through all the images first (for example, if you have 100 pics in the "my pictures" folder, but only want to show the newest ones to your friends... winking smiley) An alternative would be the possibility to wipe to the left to get from the first to the last image.

Thanks for your great work! I'm planning to donate again some time... smiling smiley

And for anybody who reads this and hasn't yet donated: DONATE! This guy really, really deserves it!!! Be kindful that you don't have to buy the software for 20 Euros, and donate at least 10 smiling smiley

Regards,
Charles

Posted by: tene ()
Date: July 03, 2008 11:23PM

Thanks for your support. Swiping to the left to get the first seems to me the best approach. There is quite a few things I'd like to implement on imageviewer, so you can't expect more... but it will take some times.

Posted by: microlomaniac ()
Date: July 04, 2008 05:06PM

Thank you for your quick reply. I'm looking forward to an update.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.
© 2010 Quentin Pouplard